Remote Sensing Application Centre
The main objective of Water Resources Section of RSAC is mapping of surface water and ground water resources and preparation of developmental action plan as per the need of user department for conservation and recharge of water resources in the state using Remote Sensing Techniques. This section also organizes training programme on Remote Sensing and GIS in Water Resources Studies for Govt. officials of various line departments and faculty members and students of various universities.
- Creation of Digital Database of Lithology, Geomorphology and Structure and Derivation of Groundwater ProspectsLayers under NRIS Programme.
- To generate Wetland Inventory of M.P. on 1:50,000 scale under National Wetland Inventory and Assessment Projects.
- Watershed Prioritization in Narmada Catchments Area.
- Groundwater Potential Zone Mapping on 1:2,50,000 scale for the entire M. P.
- Groundwater Potential Zone Mapping on 1:50,000 scale for the entire M. P.
- Scientific Source Finding for Groundwater Recharge and Conservation
- Watershed and Thematic Mapping on 1:2,50,000 scale for selected districts of M. P. under Rajiv Gandhi Mission for Watershed Management (RGMWM).
- Preparation of Groundwater Prospects Maps on 1:50,000 scale for selected districts of M. P. under Rajiv Gandhi National Drinking Water Mission (RGNDWM).
- Thematic Mapping and Digital Database Creation of Soil, Geology, Geomorphology, Structure etc. for command areas of Indira Sagar and Omkareshwar projects of NVDA.
- Mapping of Hydro-geomorphology (Lithology, Geomorphology and Structure) on 1:50,000 scale for 502 sheets area under NRIS Programme.